Saturday, July 07, 2012

slip inside the eye of your mind

I haven't done one of those step by steps for ages, so here goes. This is a really big piece. Way too big to scan - which is why I'm posting these pretty rubbish photos. It's my biggest piece yet. And, without being dramatic (here's where I am going to be dramatic) I do believe this is probably the most important drawing of my life. So far.

It is a commissioned piece. And it's really very personal. Maybe I'll talk about all that as the drawing unfolds. Maybe, I will. I haven't decided yet.

Anyway, this is step one. I want this drawing to be Pre Raphaelite in it's attention to detail. And, here's the thing, it's not just a drawing. Oh no. I'll be cracking out the paints for this one. It told me it should be a painting and I'm listening to what its got to say. All the way.

So as I said, here's step one. Over the next few weeks it'll come to life. Please come back and see it's progress.

13 comments:

THEREALSLOPPYONE said...

i love it!
cant't wait for more

Dan Kent said...

Congratulations! And good luck, sounds like quite a challenge. And it is these art challenges that we live for, right? I will definitely follow..

applepaperplane said...

WOW

Dawn said...

YES! It has been forever since we've seen a step-by-step. I would love to hear any stories about this drawing/painting.

ale balanzario said...

I love it too, Ill be back

Somewhere Circus said...

You...aren't drawing for Noel Gallagher, are you? :)

Fallingladies said...

Yep, you drew us all in, we want to hear more, please!

bobjodee said...

Do you have Instagram? It would be fun to follow someone like you on there. It's for iphones and androids.

Caroline B said...

Intriguing.....I'm liking it already, can't wait to see it progress.

T. Roger Thomas said...

Looks great so far- I'm interested in seeing your progress.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, everyone. I'm surprised by the response. Look forward to showing you more.

Somewhere circus, hee hee, not it's not for Noel Gallagher! I'd love to do a drawing for him though.

Nope, it's much more personal. Hmmm. I guess when it's finihed I might reveal all.

Thank you all x

John R said...

Very nice work, as always Andrea! I look forward to seeing the results.I haven't yet seen a step by step. What size are you twlking about for the finished piece?

I finally got around to posting some pics of my own work and a recent exhibition today. Would be nice to hear what you think.

John R said...

Nice work as always Andrea. very impressive. I look forward to seeing the finalpiece. How big will it be?

I finally got around to posting some pics of my sketchbooks and a reecnat exhibition etc on my own flickr site John A Rubery today. Would value your commenst

best wsihes

John