Sunday, May 27, 2012

and if the flowers are in bloom

 I'm playing catch up at the moment. Not on the drawing front (I have NOT stopped drawing recently) but on all the other things that go along with that. Like blogging. These are a couple more drawings from last weekends sketch crawl in Buxton. And very shortly I'll post the drawings from this weekends sketch crawl in Chesterfield. Our group seems to have a very busy schedule because there's more planned for next weekend. Phew. Exhausting, but great too.

I did this little one in the Buxton Museum and Art Gallery where I held my exhibition last year. This is of the mantelpiece in the Victorian room. At least I think it's the Victorian room. But don't listen to me I seem to think everything old is Victorian. I have no idea why.

4 comments:

dinahmow said...

Hah! I am so far behind with everything I shall meet myself coming back!
But I wanted to let you know Bristol has crown chimney pots, too! Still have not seen any in London...

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Hi Di, a pity you didn't come up last weekend the weather was gorgeous. Or next weekend you could have helped with the exhibition!!

Unknown said...

Why does this cute bandstand have "Bugger" written in large letters?

Great drawings & like the ones from Chesterfield too.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Because Sue, I couldnt fit it all onto the page! So annoying. If i'd started the drawing further down the page I'd have got it all in. Bugger!

Thank you.