Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It's a start

Everyday Matters Challenge #26 "Draw anything you like. If you want to draw a vegetable, that’s fine, too."

Ok so it's probably one of the more ambiguous challenges but I have drawn something I like and it's a vegetable - and it's a start! Probably the first of many onion pictures. I love drawing and painting onions, not sure why, possibly the colours and markings.

I'd just like to say a great big thanks to all the people from Everyday Matters for their response to my first post and for their help with setting up this blog. I have been visiting, and admiring, your blogs for some time and there is some amazing work out there. Thank you all.

5 comments:

Penny said...

Love your onion, but shouldnt it be a leek? If you are from Wales? Interesting shadings n your onion it looks so real.

Jana Bouc said...

This is fabulous! I love the way the onion seems to be balanced on its "toes" and is reaching up like a ballet dancer. Gorgeous! ...and congrats on starting your blog. I'll look forward to seeing more!

Lin said...

GORGEOUS ONION!!!!! I LOVE the texturey skin you've tcreated!

Hashi said...

How lovely. Is this done with coloured pencils?

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks for the lovely comments. I did this picture in ink - painted a drawn. Penny a leek would have just been too much of a cliche (for those of you who do not know the leek, along with the daffodil, is the national symbol of Wales) still I may give it a go in the near future! Greenbean your exactly right! The tent picture is indeed from the strawberry feilds days. It was drawn just before torrential rains flattened it, in the middle of the night! Aaagh the good old days...